Monday, September 12, 2016

911 - Won't Back Down



Yesterday was the fifteenth anniversary of September 11, 2001.

I suspect none of us will ever forget that day.

I have blogged before about my connections to some of the people who were lost on 911, and of what I actually did myself that day.



Some of the popular music of the 911 era seemed to speak directly to the events of that terrible day or of the response of the American people to the attacks.

Bruce Springsteen's My City of Ruins sounds as if it must have been written about 911 although it was actually penned a year earlier.

Many of the songs performed at the Concert for New York City in October 2001, such as the Who's Won't Get Fooled Again summed up the American people's feelings about 911.

And Tom Petty's 1989 hit single I Won't Back Down became popular again for obvious reasons.



What music communicates best your feelings about 911 or reminds you of 911?

1 comment:

JP said...

WTC by Steve Reich

Post a Comment